Kidney Function Test
KFT (Kidney Function Test )are a series of blood tests which is done for check how well your kidney is working. A kidney function test may be used to diagnose kidney-related disorders, to screen those who may be at risk of developing kidney disease. KFT Profile Includes tests like Phosphorus, BUN, Uric Acid, serum Electrolytes (Sodium, potassium, chloride, calcium) etc.
- BUN :-it stand for blood urea nitrogen .urea is the end product of protein metabolism if the level of urea is increased in blood stream it may be indication of Heart failure, dehydration, or a diet high in protein can also make your BUN level higher. Liver disease or damage can lower your BUN level.
- Creatinine : - creatinine is a waste product that is generated from protein metabolism A high levels of creatinine may be indication of malfunction or failure of the kidneys.
- Sodium :- A sodium blood test is used to detect abnormal concentrations of sodium in blood. It is part of an electrolyte panel.
- Potassium :- A potassium test is used to measure the amount of potassium in blood stream. Potassium is an electrolyte that is essential for proper muscle and nerve function .a raised or low value of potassium may be indication of serious health condition mainly about heart.
- Chloride :- The chloride blood test measures the levels of chloride in the blood. Chloride is an electrolyte that helps in balance the amount of fluid inside and outside of cells.
- Calcium :- a calcium blood test is done for measurement of calcium in blood stream . calcium test is ordered to screen for, diagnose, and monitor a range of conditions relating to the bones, heart, nerves, kidneys, and teeth.
- Phosphorus:- Phosphorus is a mineral of the body. need for build strong bones and teeth. This test is ordered to see how much phosphorus is in your blood. Kidney, liver, and certain bone diseases can cause abnormal phosphorus levels.
- Uric acid :- uric acid is waste of the body that produce by food metabolism .this test is done for check the uric acid level in blood stream. A high uric acid level is known as hyperuricemia . This can lead to a disease called gout (a type of arthiritis) that make painful joints.
A support team is available 24/7